We hope you and your family are in good health. We are inspired by the tireless efforts of our essential medical workers and the respectful care with which the members of our community have adopted responsible social distancing health practices. In the same spirit, we are working hard to protect our patients while continuing to offer excellent medical care.
As your board-certified plastic surgeon, I and my staff are pleased to be able to provide you with the safe, quality care you need. Our office is open, and we are now scheduling appointments for all examinations, treatments, and surgeries.
In harmony with recommendations from the U.S. Center for Disease Control Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), we are employing a wide range of safety procedures to keep you healthy and comfortable:
- Consultations are offered either in person or through telemedicine video conferencing with Dr. Mouchantat (learn more about our telehealth consultations).
- All patients wear masks while in the office.
- We (Dr. Mouchantat and all staff members) wear masks full-time.
- Scheduling has been modified to allow more time between appointments to accommodate social distancing guidelines and minimize contact between patients.
- After every appointment, each exam room is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
- Between appointments, rooms are left empty to allow time for air exchange to protect the next patient.
- Our medical gowns are professionally laundered in hot water to ensure cleanliness.
- Any examinations or treatments involving the mouth area are preceded by a hydrogen peroxide 1% rinse for one minute to kill any potential pathogens.
- All members of our staff are following enhanced cleaning practices throughout the office, including frequent hand washing, hand sanitizing, and disinfecting of common surfaces for further protection.
Additionally, for patients preparing to undergo surgery:
- We will schedule your surgery only in facilities that are taking strong precautions to provide you with the safest environment for your procedure.
- Before your surgery, we will have you quarantine (avoid non-family members and public places) for 7 to 14 days depending on your risk to exposure.
As always, you are our top priority. Our goal is always to be able to provide the treatment you need in the safest possible protective environment. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you safe.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your loyalty and trust, and we look forward to welcoming you back and serving you here in our office.
Dr. Richard Mouchantat and Staff