If you are considering dermal fillers in Denver, Dr. Richard Mouchantat can give you the youthful results you are looking for. Fillers are sometimes used in conjunction with Botox (botulinum toxin) or other facial rejuvenation procedures for optimum results. Dr. Mouchantat is highly experienced and will be able to recommend the best treatments for you.
What are dermal fillers?
Fillers are injected just under the surface of the skin to achieve smoother skin, without the need for surgery.
Dermal fillers give the appearance of younger skin by:
- Adding volume
- Improving the look of shallow contours
- Softening creases or wrinkles
- Plumping up lips
- Improving the appearance of pitted scars
In many cases, you can achieve benefits similar to a facelift–but without the recovery time.
How dermal fillers work
There are two main types of fillers: temporary and semi-permanent:
- Temporary fillers such as collagen, hyaluronic acid, and calcium hydroxylapatite, consist of natural plumping substances from either human or animal tissue. Autologous fillers use fat taken from another site in your body and transfer it to the face. Synthetic fillers such as polylactic acid stimulate your body’s own production of collagen.
- Semi-permanent fillers, or PMMA (polymethylmethacrylate) fillers, contain around 20% PMMA microspheres suspended in an 80% purified collagen gel. PMMA is commonly used for deeper wrinkles or folds, to fill out pitted scars and to plump up thin lips.
Fillers vary in weight and density, so they produce different results. Dr. Mouchantat will suggest the right one for you after an examination and discussion.
What to expect from dermal fillers in Denver with Dr. Mouchantat
- Dr. Mouchantat will first assess your facial contours and skin tone, and then he will mark on injection guides for a symmetrical result.
- Next, the injection sites will be cleaned, and topical anesthetic can be applied to make the injections more comfortable. If deeper injections are required, you may be offered local anesthesia.
- The procedure itself will take just a few minutes to complete.
Results are instant, so you will be able to leave our Denver office right after treatment. Your face may initially appear fuller than expected, but this should resolve itself within a few hours to a few days.
Dermal filler results are temporary, and you will need to return to our office for additional injections if you wish to maintain your results. How often you will need to do this depends on how quickly your body absorbs the fillers.
Recovery and aftercare
Immediately after your procedure you can use an ice pack to reduce temporary discomfort or swelling. Swelling or bruising should go away within a few days. You can resume most activities and apply makeup right away, but remember not to apply pressure to the treated area so that the filler remains undisturbed.
Learn More About Dermal Fillers in Denver
Are you interested in dermal filler treatments? Find out if they’re right for you by scheduling an appointment. Call (303) 232-8585 today to schedule your dermal filler appointment in Denver, CO.