How Your Neck is Giving Away Your Age
Did you know that you can tell a person’s age just by looking at their neck? Many people are so focused on facial rejuvenation that they don’t realize the neck is one of the first places to show noticeable aging. If you’ve been neglecting to pay attention to your neck, it’s time to look a little closer in the mirror. And if your neck is revealing your age, a neck lift could help you look years younger.
Telltale Signs of Aging in the Neck
Here are some of the most common signs of aging in the neck:
- Sagging skin – Over time, skin loses its elasticity and begins to sag. This can be especially noticeable in the neck area because the skin is actually thinner here than other places of the body.
- Crepey skin – When collagen and elastin production decreases, there is less structural support for the skin. This can allow the skin of the neck to become thin, like a crepe.
- Fine lines and wrinkles – While these may sometimes be hidden beneath the shadows of your chin when you look in a mirror, they become increasingly noticeable to those around you as you age.
- Turkey neck – As the neck skin ages, droops, and loosens, the muscles also weaken. This can give the neck a wrinkled, droopy appearance reminiscent of a turkey neck.
- Double chin – As we age, we can start to accumulate excess fat in our neck. This can give us a double chin.
How a Neck Lift Could Help You Look Younger
If you’re seeing any of these signs, it’s time to consider a neck lift. A neck lift is a type of plastic surgery that can help to improve the appearance of your neck. This surgery tightens the skin and muscles and addresses displaced fat to give your neck a smoother and more youthfully contoured look. Neck lift surgery is often performed along with facelift surgery to provide substantial rejuvenation for the full face and neck contour.
To learn more about neck lift surgery, schedule your consultation with our Denver board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Richard Mouchantat. Call (303) 232-8585 or contact us online to book your appointment today.