Blog ArticleWhile breast augmentation currently ranks number one on the the list of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures in the United States, all it takes is a quick search to realize that there is still a lot of confusion circling around it. It seems like lately we’ve been more concerned about who is the latest celebrity to receive implants and less concerned about the real facts about the procedure. Well, hopefully this clears up some of the misconceptions about breast augmentation.
- Abnormal sagging is not caused by breast implants. While many people fear excess sagging from breast implants, the truth is that the implants are actually much more resistant to sagging than your own actual breast tissue. Therefore, sagging will only occur naturally as they would with age depending on the amount of natural breast tissue.
- Stretch marks are not a common side effect. Unless you are choosing one of the larger implants, you will not have to worry about stretch marks.
- Silicone and Saline implants are not the same. Silicone implants have been gaining popularity because of their more natural feel and look compared to the roundness of saline implant.
- Getting breast implants will not increase your chances of contracting breast cancer. While implants will not cause an increased risk of breast cancer, it is always important to inform your doctor of any family history of breast cancer to ensure your safety.
- Breast implants will not cause interference with mammograms. However, a few extra x-ray scans may be necessary to see around the implant.
Have you been considering a breast augmentation for yourself?
Board-certified Dr. Richard Mouchantat is the director here at Mouchantat Plastic Surgery. Dr. Mouchantat has the extensive experience and expertise to provide you with everything that you need to know about the breast augmentation procedure. As one of the top doctors in plastic surgery, as selected by various medical professionals and magazines, Dr. Mouchantat has been providing his patients with the beautiful, natural looking results that they desire. If you are interested in finding out more about how you can benefit from a breast augmentation, contact us to set up a free consultation!